1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

4.3 TBI swap to 4.3 Vortec

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 43SWAP, Apr 5, 2003.

1. 43SWAP

43SWAP Junior Member

I have a 90 model GMC with the 4.3 throttle body, and i want to put in the newer, stronger, more efficient vortec. I have a 2000 blazer with everything i could possibly need, only 22,000 miles on motor. I need to know if it will work with my gauges, and if all my other electrical components will work (headlights, radio, a/c heater controls, and the sort) PLEASE any help would be great!!!

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

Yes.it should work alright.You will need to use the engine wiring harness from the newer motor and splice it into the truck side harness for the older truck.You may have to use the gauge sensors from the older truck if the gauges are calibrated differently.It will work,but it will be a lot of work tying the two harnesses together.