1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3rd Truck Advise

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dmjr77, Nov 29, 2004.

1. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

Hello all! Well it seems like the word is getting around on how well I plow and my reasonable rates. I picked up 2 more driveways tonight, which brings my total up to 48. I am thinking very hard about finding a another pickup and plow and put my 16 year old brother (just got his license in Feburary) in a truck. I currently have a ext cab short box and a reg cab short box. I am leaning towards a 1500 reg cab long box. Is there any noticeable difference plowing with a reg cab long box versus a reg cab short bed? Thank You!

2. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

The long bed is more stable and more forgiving transporting because of longer wheelbase.

3. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

Length when your backing up is all that I can think of. :waving:

4. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Turning radius will be the most noticeable thing. I would start him out in the shortest wheel base truck..... It will be easier to maneuver

5. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

take him out to a parking lot, get some cones and just let him loose. tell him hes not suppose to hit all the cones. :)