1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3rd season review vx 85

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by cdldiesel, Mar 10, 2013.

1. cdldiesel

cdldiesel Junior Member

After replacing a few items in it's early stages, I was very nervous about this plow. I even called to see if anything was recalled or tsb, a few times.

I must say I am blown away by this plow and it's durability. Auto Truck is close by and one of their guys told me this plow is just worlds better then the bigger names. The welds are incredible. It is a beast and has taken its beating here and there with no issues. I would take durability like this over a few perks, electronically, any day. I am overdue with this review.

I got one of the 1st ones built so I can vouch for the construction of this blade. It has a few small annoying ailments but nothing I would trade for it's reliability. My 2 cents.

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Great to hear and Im in agreement with you. My VX95 has held up excellent to the past two seasons and most of my accounts are gravel/sand that beat it up pretty good. Aside from a few lose bolts that require some tightening every now and again, the plow has been flawless. And in regards to welds, these same accounts broke welds on my Xblade that I sold to buy this plow. Very happy with my choice.

3. cdldiesel

cdldiesel Junior Member

??

I Wonder if you have the same thing going on, however. Does the cutting edge seem odd at times like you are not getting enough "bite"? And sometimes I feel like the plow is not tripping as smooth as other times. Alot has to do with the wings. I also wish I could just press a button to go straight. Instead i have to **** to one side then position which is a pain.

I love the v but by the time you play around with all the angles, I feel like maybe the diversification is costing me time. With a standard blade you have less time or options and you just get it going. I must add that the plow is great for heavy accumulations and wet snow. Not much better for the 1 to 2 inch storms.

4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

The only time the cutting edge seemed to not be clearing well was when I put a lot more weight in the bed of my truck throwing off the mount height of the plow. If I put it in V, the edges of the wings would be up off the ground. I removed some weight to make it level and that took care of it. You can adjust the trip springs (one of mine was tighter than the other when I was assembling the plow).

As for the adjustments, I'm honestly past it at this point. I had an EZV that I "flipped" prior to this plow and I found the controller difficult to figure out (it had the one button scoop/vee functions). On my VX I can tell when its straight, I usually don't have to angle to one side anymore and extend the other wing out. I just watch the wings and once straight I just go ahead.

My only complain is time to time I'll push to angle it and I don't push the button at the correct spot causing the plow to shutter a bit as it tries to do 2 functions at once. I catch it pretty quick and adjust where my thumb is.