1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3rd Jen Exhaust brake

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Grassman09, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Has anyone installed one?

I'm looking at the BD brand. Dont think Jacobs makes one for the 07.

2. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

does the cummins downshift when on tow / haul? Im so happy with how my duramax's slow down i dont really see a need...

3. Grassman09

Yes it does. I just want more retardation as I will be hauling the dump trailer allot more this spring. I'm going to get a hitch in my truck so I can borrow your trailer.:nod::waving:

The 6.7 you can get a factory exhaust brake on them.

4. GMC Driver

GMC Driver Senior Member

Oh boy...........

5. Grassman09

LOL.. :dizzy: :laughing: For the truck of course.

6. Triple L

from Canada

LOL arnt dodges ******** enough as it is ;)

7. Grassman09

No I think those new GMs and Dodges look ********.

8. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Pac Brake also has an exhaust brake that I've heard many good things about.

9. Grassman09

Ok I'll have a look thanks.

10. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

jacobs makes one, your local dodge dealer can install them and no warranty hassle. all 06 and above are ready to go with the auto trans.

11. Grassman09

Warranty? Wouldn't know what that is. my truck was bought 2nd hand in the us by a used truck dealer and dodge cancels all warranty when you do that.

I've heard there isn't much point of installing one as it doesn't increase line pressure and something to do with the torque converter?

12. Triple L

from Canada

Im pretty sure Banks makes a real nice one for the dodges and increases all that stuff to somehow... Try thier website

13. Grassman09

Thx yea there isnt much and it says up to 06 no 07. Sorry edit didnt look at banks. I read the aliston with a exhaust brake and the factory tow haul gives you like 100 to 150hp in engine retardation.

14. sno commander

from ct

it will work on an 07, banks just thinks all 07's are 6.7's theres no differnce between a 06 or 07 5.9. you still have a warranty on the motor 5 years 100k. doesnt matter if your the second owner.

15. Grassman09

I asked cummins and they said all warranty is with Dodge as they buy the engines from them without warranty. Its like buying something for cash. Cummins didn't wanna pay for the water pump nor did they want to pay for the $3000 injector pump that needed to go on shortly after. That was with only 50'000 miles on it.

As far as the banks is concerned I read a few people had issues with the valve sticking closed a few times. Not to mention the banks is $1000 more then the BD brake.

16. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

LMAO... That was funny.

I have heard BD and Pac Break are good. But the Banks is better, this is what I have heard. I know some one with a Dodge and a Banks Break and he loves it. He uses it to tow his 5'er. He tows alot upstate NY and says the Banks does all the work and he doesn't have to use the break ped. I have read some guys on DieselPlace talk about another Exhaust break, i cant remember the name. Have you checked out DP yet?

17. Grassman09

Yes when I searched for Banks that's where I found out the info on the sticky valve.

18. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I gotta get me one of these diesel things....

19. sno commander

from ct

youll never go back to a gas job if you do. :drinkup:

20. Grassman09

I'll second that even with the issues I've had it hauls way better then a Gasser and double the fuel economy.