1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3rd Generation Push Plates

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ramair2k, Oct 22, 2013.

1. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

Does anyone know if new installs will come with the new style push plates? I have heard them being reffered to as "3rd generation." I called a local installer and asked this question and he didn't know there was a "new" style push plate. Not sure what the difference is between the older style and the new one besides one side appearing to be more "flat" than the other on one side but I just want to make sure that if go with them for the install, they are using the latest parts.

2. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

what push plates are you talking about? what truck?

3. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

I have a 2013 Silverado 1500 LT. 7182 mount kit.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  4. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

The dealer will install whatever plates they have in stock, but from what i can see, it looks like the 2014 trucks have changed slightly, fisher updated the install instructions.

5. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Fisher makes "Revisions" to certain kits from year to year to adapt plates to make the work on new model year trucks were they can,these revisions (noted with a - at the end of a kit #) can be as simple as supplied spacers or different hardware or as much as different length/hole patterns to accomadate different model year trucks.

6. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

Having the HT installed in a couple of weeks. My guess is they will use the oringial style push plates. what I DO know is that the HT will come with the two jackstands instead of the one. I guess this was an upgrade fisher made to the plow after complaints of the one jack stand being flimsy and weak.