1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3rd Gen Tranny

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by OneBadDodge06, Feb 21, 2010.

1. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I like havin my BullyDog PMT to keep an eye on temps and for some reason while plowing my tranny temp seems to like to climb on average 212 degrees. Without the plow it runs about 150. Seems like as soon as I put the plow on, it goes up to 180 just idling. Anybody have this issue and what can I do to fix it? Thanks.

2. toptech72

toptech72 Member
    from 21078

Remember as soon as you put the plow on the truck you are reducing airflow through the grill. So you do not have as much air flowing through the tranny cooler or radiator. Just the joys of having the plow on. You could always put another tranny cooler on and mount an electric fan on it but thats up to you.

3. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

if your probe is in the hot line id say your temps are normal.
    you can put a larger pan on. i have a ats deep pan and my trans takes 12 qrts when you drop the pan to change the fluid.

4. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I thought maybe it was the plow but the engine temp fluctuates maybe 5 degrees and that's kickin a$$ and takin names down the interstate.

Snocommander....are you refering the the line that goes from the tranny to the cooler?

Thank you.

5. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

yup the line that comes out of the trans to the cooler was the one i was reffering to.