1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3rd gen dodge cummins lifted

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by 09dieselguy, Nov 29, 2010.

1. 09dieselguy

09dieselguy Senior Member

ok guys heres the deal. im thinking about getting a 3rd gen cummins. as of now im in a 99 cummins with a 9.2 boss v.

im thinking about taking the current set up and swapping it to 03 plus body style truck. what kind of issues would i have driving into a boss plow with a 4 inch lift and 35s??

im running a 2 inch leveling kit and 35s on my cummins now with no problem with the push beam mounted in the lowest holes.

ive been searching for a while now with out much luck to find a boss on a lifted cummins.

i may switch to a vxt if i can sell the 99 with the v plow thats on it.
  2. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

put the stock tires back on for winter?
  3. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

With 4" you may need to modify your mount. You might be able to get away with it, but I doubt it if your already on the lowest holes.

I agree with the smaller tires for the winter though.
  4. jay723

jay723 Member
    from SE CT

Take the lift off, I clear 35's on my 05 2500 with no lift.
  5. Turf Care

Turf Care Junior Member
    from Midwest

I have an 06 with a 5" lift, 20's with 35's and run a hiniker. I made a drop bracket for the front and switch to stock tires/whls for the winter. No problems so far. I'm sure you could do the same if needed.