1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

360 exhaust

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by WilliamOak, Sep 28, 2010.

1. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

I just noticed this weekend that my muffler and the rest of my exhaust is rusted and its starting to rattle a bit, I was curious as to see what aftermarket there is out there that is very close to stock sounding. I think loud exhausts on gassers are redneck, tacky and unprofessional. Stainless would be prefered but I'm also not lookin to break the bank here.

2. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

An aftermarket setup like a flowmaster will probably be your cheapest route. Not sure what flowmaster series my buddy used on his Dodge but it was only a couple hundred bucks and the muffler had baffles in it. He removed a baffle that I would have left in. Wasn't very loud but had a good tone. That was on a Hemi motor.

3. WilliamOak

I don't mind a deep tone at all, I just don't want the wake up the neighbors tone when I start it up at 3am to go plow..

4. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Magna Flow also is a good option. I have it on my F350 gasser and you really can't hear a difference from the stock muffler. The ONLY reason I went that route is I was told it would be a little deeper and not annoying loud. Which i also don't like! It was cheaper than a Flow Master set-up. Let us know which route you take. Good luck!

5. WilliamOak

Deeper not annoying loud is exactly what I want. What did you pay for yours?

6. WilliamOak

also I would like to do a few other things to the truck that wont break the bank like an intake which I've heard can do a lot for a gas motor, immediately K&N comes to mind, should it not? lol

7. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

O come on now Colin. Just let your neighbors get used to it. I'm pretty sure mine don't even notice the pickups anymore between me and my friends.

8. Pushin 2 Please

I have an K&N on my trucks. Worth it? IMO, I would say yes. As far as what I payed for the exhaust, I have no idea. Did it right after last winter, and I couldn't tell you to save me! I could look through my receipts from last season, but i usually don't touch them till tax time. I'll dig around after work!

9. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

So, what happened to selling the truck?

10. Pushin 2 Please

I was thinking the same thing!

11. WilliamOak

I dont mean to turn this thread into a sob story but a lot has happened since I put it up for sale. I still might end up selling it but for now its gonna stay. My mom has been through chemo, a stem cell transplant and another round of chemo in the last two years and now the latest biposy was inconclusive. So with more medical bills coming on top of the existing ones, along with cut pay because of time off needed, I couldnt, in good consience, let my parents cosign on a loan for a diesel. Maybe it will all turn out to be nothing and I will sell the truck, but like I said, for now its staying.

12. WilliamOak

did you notice any difference in the truck with the K&N? Where did you get it? I see on their site they list autozone's and parts stores of the sort..

13. ram_tough2001

ram_tough2001 Senior Member

14. WilliamOak

Yah I don't want dual, just a standard close to oem replacement. deeper tone is fine I just dont want louder.

15. Pushin 2 Please

Honestly, no. I got it at NAPA, but yes an Autozone or any auto part should carry them. So sorry to hear the news about your mother. She will be in my prayers. Hope it all works out for you and your family.:waving:

16. ram_tough2001

ram_tough2001 Senior Member

yeah i hear ya. the 3rd link i posted is for a single exit. they arent very loud. but the have a very nice deep tone. i like it. i had a glass pack on my truck for the longest time and the dual i have now is 100x quieter and has a much better tone.

17. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Just picked up a Dynomax single exit exhaust for my 2003 Ram 2500 Hemi. Paid 300.00 with free shipping from Jeg's.

18. Been a long time since I replaced exhaust, but I always heard that duals w/ headers and less restricting mufflers did you better on MPG and HP.

Has this gone out the window in the last 20 years ?

19. gojrracing

gojrracing Junior Member

I think that you should get a slightly used one in order not to break your bank. :mechanic:

20. BigJoeC

BigJoeC Member

Ya I got a K&N and duel cherry bomb glasspacks on my 2007 Ram 1500 Hemi. The K&N gives like 14% more horse power. And it sounds sweet. So do the glasspacks