1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

351 ID Info

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by 86burban, Feb 14, 2005.

1. 86burban

86burban Senior Member
    from chicago

Its been a while since Ive been on here last. I had a little problem with my computer that I finally have had remedied (obviously). Ive had this 84 F250 that I got forever ago that I finally have had a chance to work on. The truck was first born with a diesel but now has a gas motor in it. I initially had thought it was a 302, but now Ive noticed a few things about it that makes me think its a 351. I have a 302 in my 83 Bronco that needs replacement because its getting tired. I would like to swap it, but where is the ID info at on the 351? I think there is a sticker on the valve cover that has some ID numbers on it. Any help would be appreciated.

2. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

should be a number above the starter IIRC stamped into the block, i remem it being somethin hard to look at, i will look at mine on the stand i have it home to make sure, then just search from google and you can easily id it.