1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3500HD

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by cat320, Oct 18, 2000.

1. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I was going by my chevy dealer today and saw a 2000 3500HD with 4WD .This truck was huge i really wanted to run right in to the dealer and get it but after looking at how much more it would be with the 4x4 converstion$8,900 i said forget about it.It was a diesel with a monroe convertion basic cab no extras.has any one seen or bought one of these trucks?

2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Yes I saw one at a dealership, it looked awesome. I want one real bad, the truck was a 2000 with the 6.5 and auto. 181 wheel base cab and chassis. they were selling it for 34,000, I thought that was a great price.
    Dino

3. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Dino, the reason i think that is high is becuase a friend of mine just got a 4x4 F450 auto/diesel basic work truck and he got just c&c for 28K plus the body wich he put a 9' airflow on with low sides.wish GM could be around the same for the same kind of truck

4. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

I agree, unfortunately GM doesnt do the conversion, it is an aftermarket company. Which means you pay the full price of a c&c and then add the price of the conversion, which like you said runs about 9K.I hear that by 2003 GM will have a truck from the factory that will meet this market, but till then ford is the only game in town.
    I have a friend who bought a 97 F-450 with 4x4 conversion and it ran him about 40K so compared to that GM is a bargain.
    Dino