1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3500hd too low?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by SCL, Dec 4, 2005.

1. SCL

SCL Senior Member

I have a 95 3c3500hd with a 9' meyers poly. Problem is the mount on this thing is way low and when I hook up the plow in the middle hole, the a frame is only 2" off the ground. When you raise the plow the stops hit the lift cage and the edge is only up an inch to 2" making driving around a little tough. Is this a commonproblem on this truck, in that there's no clearance? Would putting bags in the springs actually boost me up 3-4" or not? It doesn't squat a great deal at lift, its just that there's no lift to get. Any ideas?
  2. Hmebuildr

Hmebuildr Senior Member

Sounds like you dont have a plow package on that truck. Did you add the plow after you got it?. The springs are 10 years old and most likely worn. They either need to be replaced with a heavy duty set or Timkens/Airbags added. I would do both replace the springs and add Timkens/Airbags