1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3500HD Plow size

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Cheeze6, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Cheeze6

Cheeze6 Junior Member
    from KY

Probably a dumb question for you northerners ( I'm in the mid south ) but can I use a 7.5' plow on a dually? Just need some advice. Thanks

2. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

You can.....But it would be a little small for that truck

3. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

The pick up is close to 8ft wide, a 7.5ft blade in straight or angled position will have your outer tires running over the windrow. For a dually a 9ft blade is the minimum you want to go.

blade width.png

4. Cheeze6

Cheeze6 Junior Member
    from KY

Thanks for the help. We don't get a lot of snow but when we do the whole town shuts down!! Trying to get prepared!!

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

You would actually need an 8'6

6. kolwnmstr

kolwnmstr Senior Member

If a 7'6 was what you were able to find the most of, you could just put some Buyers Pro-Wings on it which would put you just over 9'

7. cvwhr

cvwhr Member

If your looking for something larger I have 8' Lot Pro w/ adjustable wings, total width is 10.6 up for sale in the Indy area just upgraded to a v plow

8. snowplowman072

snowplowman072 Junior Member

I run (3) 3500's with 8'6 blades no problems I wouldn't go any smaller than that.