1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3500 HD dump 2wd plow?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by EPM, Jul 20, 2011.

1. EPM

EPM Member

I just picked up a 2000 2 wheel drive 3500 hd dump for a great price. I was wondering if anyone has any experiance plowing with this set up? I have know a few guys who do it and havent had any issues but was looking for a little more feedback before a splurge on a plow for the truck. I know im going to need some ballast over the rear axle which wont be an issue because this will be my salt truck also this winter.
    Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2. BlizzardBeater

BlizzardBeater Senior Member
    from Maine

They actually work pretty decent for large lots with weight in the dump. They're not real good for residentials, largely because of their size and they have very little traction in reverse.

3. EPM

EPM Member

Thanks for the info, i dont plan to use this on residentials because it is far too large for that.

4. BlizzardBeater

BlizzardBeater Senior Member
    from Maine

Just keep in mind, when that salt starts getting low, you really start noticing the lack of traction. If you can keep it clean ahead of the wheels it'll push like heck.