1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3500 crew cab

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Newnamlawn, Jan 30, 2003.

1. Newnamlawn

Newnamlawn Junior Member

anyone running a 3500 crew cab diesel. If so what are you thoughts on it. I am getting readu to get one.

2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Nice truck,especially on the highway.Probably one of the most comfortable trucks on the road.I wouldnt however plow with one.First off to long,for anything other than big lotsmthe turning radius is very big on those trucks.Then there is the weight issue,the crew cab is basically 2 cabs,worth of weight,most on the front end,then the diesel which is a bit heavier than the 6.0V8.Thats a lot of weight for the front end.GM does not offer the snowplow prep on the truck for that reason,you can get it with the 6.0 though.If you put a plow on one,use ballast,and you might want to check with your dealer first,they may void your front end warranty,since you are overloaded with a plow.,they may not depends on the dealer.My cousin has an 02 dmax crew 4x4 short box,it is a nice truck,he doesntp low with it though,he has an older truck for that,so his new stays in good shape.

3. Newnamlawn

Newnamlawn Junior Member

i am not going to put a plow on this one. It will be my personal vehichele/ trailer truck. I have a 7 ton trailer i will pull with it. What type of fuel mileage should i expect from the D-max. Thankls

4. Joey D

Joey D Senior Member

Go to The Diesel Page and read the forums. Most anything you want to know has been discused a few times.

They are nice trucks and power is great.