1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3500 Cab & Chassis help!!!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by noaubab727, Oct 15, 2009.

1. noaubab727

noaubab727 Junior Member

I have a 3500 cab and chassis truck with a gvwr at 16000+. I sold my 06 3/4 ton truck and want to put my 8 1/2' western v on the dump truck. However I am not able to find any truck side ultra mounts that were made for this truck. Any suggestions...
  2. 2005_Sierra

2005_Sierra Senior Member

what year is the truck?
  3. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

It sounds like you have the fairly rare 3500HD with that 16K GVW rating.Most 3500's are in the 12K GVW range.Did you explain this to your Western dealer? It must be a different mount for sure due to your truck sitting higher than most 3500's.
  4. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

Ya I know the model and weight rating. Its not rare Ive got three of em. A 96 99 2000. What we ended up doing was just taking a plow harness and fabricating brackets and welded em to the frame. They are 2WD duallys we p ut sanders on the back for work and weight. Cant beat the durability on the big parking lots.