1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3500 built after August 2014

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by procuts0103, Mar 12, 2015.

1. procuts0103

procuts0103 Senior Member

Can someone tell me what does that mean?
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

The build date of the truck.
  3. procuts0103

Haha I know that. I meant did they change something mid year?
  4. eludemann

eludemann Member

I'm pretty sure that's when they added the wi-fi and a few other options, like the led cargo lights in the tow mirrors. Mine is considered a 2015 1/2, I took delivery on Oct 1.
  5. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

All that plus increase in price and different equipment package combo. Like tilt teleascopic wheel stand alone opt before now included.
  6. procuts0103

Ok wasn't sure.... thanks. I thought it was something major mechanical.

Another question. Can you get snow plow prep in the Denali package with 6000 front end?
  7. Fjtort2

Fjtort2 Member

LT- Different wheels/ Color matched handles. New tow mirrors. LTZ New wheels/ tow mirrors
  8. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

Easiest way to tell that it's built after August is if it has the marker light on the tow mirrors. Another change that wasn't mentioned above was some of the WT convenience packages have a back up camera.
  9. DaBomb6988

DaBomb6988 Junior Member

Should be able to get the plow prep and the 6000lb front axle. 2 things to look for 1) If it has a sunroof then it does NOT have the snow plow prep. 2) Look at the sticker inside the driver door jam. It will tell you what axle weight ratings have. Alot easier to read then the build sheet IMO.
  10. procuts0103

I know about the sticker in the door. I'm just afraid the dealer will locate and get one for me and it won't be 6000 front end. If they had it on the lot I could look before we deal...
  11. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

12. procuts0103

I ended up having to order one anyway so I ordered it the way I want thank you guys for the info