1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

350 ticks when cold

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by AmPlower, Jan 18, 2003.

1. AmPlower

AmPlower Junior Member

I just noticed when going to get breakfast this morning, the 350 in my truck ticks and stops when its warmed up? I'm guessing a lifter or a loose rocker arm. any guess's? Thanks!
  2. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

what yr is this 350 ?? how many miles ??? we need some more info,,could be alot of things.
  3. ffshuter

ffshuter Junior Member

I have found this winter that the speedo cable ticks after 20 MPH. It does this until the truck is warmed up. I thought it was in the motor, maybe a rocker. Finally narrowed it down to the speedo cable. I just live with the tick, as it seems much more work than I want to do to get more grease on the cable.
  4. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

I noticed ticking as well. I was able to track it down to the exhaust. There is a metal 'flap' of sorts on the drivers side near the engine which is suppose to help build up heat upon start up. Older it gets the noiser it is.