1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

350-Milege

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by cowboy, Dec 27, 2000.

1. cowboy

cowboy Member

Hey guys,

well I'm taking a gander a 73-85 Chevy trucks,because I need a 4x4 for woving out in the snow, and its looking now like I will be starting a plow business too.

Anyway I'm a fan of Inline sixes but they are so hard to come by I'm thinking of keeping my current truck for commuting (you know your a redneck if your commuter car is a 81 Chevy pickup :) )because it gets 15 all city, and it is a beutiful truck, 332,000 on it and tranny is just starting to go out, oustide interior all perfect...uh oh I'm rambling , I love that truck......Anyway....getting a second truck, a 3/4 ton 4x4 with 350 V8, what kind of Gas Milege do you guys get out of a 3/4 4x4 Chevy 350?

I haven't really researched it but about how much is your guys insurance for a second vehicle? trying to figure out if I can afford to have two trucks (college student)? I would like to keep my 81 because it is such a good truck..

anyway thanks for the help

Cowboy

[Edited by cowboy on 12-27-2000 at 12:32 AM]

2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Insurance depends so much on age and location, that you will have to call your agent for prices. Expect no better than 10 mpg.
    Dino

3. 85w/350

85w/350 Senior Member

Just talk to your agent if you kno them very well you might be able to get them to list it as a non-daily driver and maybe even a project vehicle like i did with my 82 which I only use for hauling equipment...the insurance on it is like 20 a month here and on my 85 which is covered its still a whole $65 a month

4. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Dino is right on the money,if you get one with an OD tranny it might be a little bettr,but only on the highway.

5. cowboy

cowboy Member

ugh 10 not good, I think in my Dodge I'm getting like 12.5 3/4 ton 4x4 with 318.

I will probably save the money in gas if I keep two trucks.

Yeah since all my plow jobs would be like in a 25 mile radius or so milege shouldn't be too much a problem if I keep my 81.

thanks for the help

Cowboy