1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

350 knock wen at temp not wen cold pls help

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by snow plowman, Feb 22, 2009.

1. snow plowman

snow plowman Senior Member

i have a 350 in my 88 blazer it knocks wen the truck is wormed up it will not knock till than is it a rod baring? i pull oil pan off to day could not find a spun baring but #2 baring i could see brass on the baring could it be that one ? i am think of replaceing tham all to see if that fix it or could it be something els ??? thx for your help ps it only knock wen it has temp not wen cold
  2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

if your seeing brass it's not a good sign ,get some plasta gauge and check the clearance .if you can tighten them up with new bearings ,before you button it up put a hi volume oil pump in it .
  3. russ130

russ130 Senior Member

Make sure your crank journals are not gouged too. If they are get a crankkit for like $150 with your old for the core. Second on the high volume pump too.
  4. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

my 93 Sub does the same thing. first I'd ever heard of that.
  5. snow plowman

ya the number 2 rod baring has some brass showing so im replaceing thm all and will run it and see if that fix prob will let u all know and thx for the help
  6. snow plowman

the first crank journal is bad scar up and bavild to so i have to do a crank kit now is now what i wus hopeing to do lol