1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

350 fuel pump

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ABES, Apr 20, 2008.

1. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

So I was doing some work on my pickup the other day and I noticed that on the fuel pump assembly one of the wires that goes into one of the plugs is missing but the truck still runs fine. When I looked in my hanes manual it looks like its for the fuel tank pressure sensor??? Is there any reason somebody would remove this wire?? Is there a possibility this is the reason I am always getting the same lean code? Also would not having that wire contribute to my poor fuel mileage? I bought this truck used and I have never removed the fuel pump assembly or any lines or anything.

Thanks for the help guys

fuel pump 002.jpg
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If theirs no trace of the three wire harness for the pressure sensor then more than likely your truck didn't have the tank sensor originally as some didn't. Somewhere along the line someone may have replaced the sender assembly with one that happened to have the press sensor. Some trucks even came with the press sensor style tank sender but didn't use it.

Either way, it wouldn't cause a lean code. That would be caused by a different problem/problems depending on exactly what the code is.
  3. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Thanks for clearing that up for me B&B :waving: