1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

350 Ford Dually Diesel Snow Plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by pro900u, Nov 22, 2003.

1. pro900u

pro900u Junior Member

I am considering buying a Ford Dually short bed that
    is a 350 diesel. Can you use this truck to start a snow plow
    business. How well do they manuever. What size of plow
    would work that would allow for the snow not to stick to
    the blade?

thanks to all who can help with this answer.
  2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

there fine i have several partners that own them i have seen 8 and 9ft blades on them :bluebounc
  3. pro900u

pro900u Junior Member

thanks for the reply. also they are selling an extended
    warranty. as I have not ever owned a diesel truck
    before, I am not sure about the usefullness of this
    I have had plenty of 4 wheel drives in the past but
    never a diesel.
  4. smwmarc

smwmarc Junior Member
    from Maine

5. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

yea thats a great truck to plow with. a 9ft blade is the best plow size for it. add timbrens to help the suspenion out with handleing the plow. you will love owning the diesil:)
  6. jpl

jpl Member
    from ct.

Go with a Blizzard. Get Wide!!!!!!!!!!!

HDROCK Junior Member

I would not worry with the extended warranty if its a 7.3 Power Stroke my dad has a few of these for his business. He has a 1996 F350 4X4 with the 7.3 and a 2002 F550 7.3. The 1996 has 150,000 miles and no problems. The 2002 has 46,000 no problems. Now if it was the 6.0 Power Stroke I myself might consider it, but Iam pretty sure they come with a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty from Ford Standard
  8. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Definately "GET WIDE" and "GET BLIZZARD". You should have no problem with a 9ft. or better plow. Turing might be tricky. Take the inside dual off for a little better traction. Just some thought.:D
  9. Joey D

Joey D Senior Member

It must be a crew cab as well , correct? Go with the Blizzard as the extra width will help out when turning plus the box for moving snow where you want to.
  10. CPSS

CPSS Senior Member

If you're going to order it, get the "snow plow prep" package. It increases the front springs. Also get the dual alternators, it's only around $300 but gives you a lot more amps. As others have stated, be sure to get a wide enough plow. When turning with the dually, anything less than a 9' plow will be driving your rear wheels over the windrow. We use the Powerestoke diesels exclusively as our plow trucks ( we have 3 now, a 1997, 2001, 2003 all F-250's).
  11. rnblase

rnblase Senior Member

A Blizzard 810 would work Great on that Truck

$4300.00 Cash & Carry