1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

350,000 Sq. Ft Pricing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ALEX516, Sep 11, 2004.

1. ALEX516

ALEX516 Senior Member

Have a possible contract this season for a square shaped prop., building is in the middle, if you're looking at the property from the sky, the largest portions are on the 6 o'clock, 3 o'clock and 12 o'clock sides and the 9 o'clock side is almost like a driveway, from the front to the rear of the property, about 22' wide. All asphalt by the way and snow can jsut be pushed to almost all the perimiters, no shoveling required.

I've never done such a large property before and just was wondering what some of you out there would charge for such a job...

I'm not looking for figure out your desired hourly rate, etc...
    I'm looking for honest pricing, I don't think it would hurt anyone to divulge what you'd charge...

Should anyone prefer to pm me with numbers, please do...

Thanks very much for taking the time to read this.

2. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

350,000 lot

Alex516, I just got a bid on a slightly smaller lot, 260,000.still 4 acres. This lot sounds huge. I was having problems trying to decide on a price in the beginning, but called and talked to the property manager. You will want to know the same info. If it snows too much and they want a loader to stack, and/or remove the snow make sure that is billed seperately and not included.I priced this job with the typical 1-3, 4-7, 8-11, and 12 +. I also priced it over 12+ at hourly rates with rates for loaders, and dump trucks. This is to make sure i am not working for free.I plan on having one truck never leave and keep covering the lot during the storm, and my own truck backing him up.Looking to buy another with the blizzard power plow next.You can pm me for more info and numbers or email @ahairkem@aol.com