1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

35" Tires Without Lift Kit???

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by MIAWPUKEK, Sep 12, 2005.

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

Ok, I got a 2004 F150 with 275/65/18 Tires on 'er. I'm thinking about putting 35x12.5x18 tires on 'er but not sure if I need to put a 3" lift kit on my truck for clearance. I saw another F150 like mine with those tires, but not sure if he had a lift on it or not. Can anybody help me before I invest?
  2. biggins

biggins Junior Member

Check out www.f150online.com

They have a ton of forums on this under the tire section. That sight is to the F-150 what plowsite.com is to plowing. Awesome site.
  3. sgthawkusmc

sgthawkusmc Member

You would need a lift for sure with that set up. My 04 F250 was maxed out at 33x12.5s on the stock suspension. Would 35s have fit? Yes. Hit one hole and your buying fenders, bumpers and whatever else though.
  4. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

You need a lift!! Not only will the tires rub badly, but the truck will probably not look very good with big tires wedged inside the fenders.
  5. 06FX4Blizzard

06FX4Blizzard Member
    from NE ohio

according to some of the sites i have seen.. they say 33's will fit ok put u need a 3 inch body lift and a 2 inch lift to play it safe with 35's
  6. Dirt_Werx

Dirt_Werx Senior Member
    from MASS

your asking for trouble, you may be able to get away with a small body lift maybe 3 inch, but id wouldn't go with anything less then that and a suspension lift, though more expensive, is your best bet
  7. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

Lift for sure or you may end up with a lot of strain on your suspension.