1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

$330 for a joystick? Give me a break.

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by coolgreen, Oct 24, 2006.

1. coolgreen

coolgreen Member

I absulutely hate the stupid touch pad controller that came with my SnoWay 6.8-foot ST model.

I called my local dealer for a price on a joystick controller and he told me $330.00.

More than 300 bucks for a joystick? I couldn't believe it, and frankly neither could the dealer. He sounded more than a bit embarassed when he gave me the price.

By the way, that price was for the joystick only, nothing else.

These plows and everything associated with them are just way too expensive. No wonder I never see any around my neck of the woods. SnoWay has priced itself out of the game in Canada.

It's a good plow, but I will never buy another one.
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2006
  2. itmon

itmon Junior Member

I have to agree. I would check out ebay!!!! there is one on there that is the joystick, mount and the wire harness. The last I looked it had about a day left and was about 90.00 bucks
  3. ipc

ipc Junior Member

Hey coolgreen , try richview in barrie. 705-722-8400 they are a snowway dealer and they have always taken good care of me. Ask for ryan or cheryl, tell em chris from innisfil property care said to call. don't be embarrased to ask for a deal. I'm not.
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Have your dealer double check his part #. 96107382 or 96106472 depending on wired or wireless. Seems high, unfortunatly Snoway went to a warehouse distributer system instead of factory direct for your area. Adding another layer to the supply chain kicked their already high parts prices way up.
  5. coolgreen

coolgreen Member

Now I've been told the joystick is on back order, and I can't get one even if I want to pay their extortionist prices.

Good thing my touch pad still works, or I'd be out shoveling after Nov. 15 when my contracts kick in.

I am completely pi***** off. Like I said before, never again will I buy a SnoWay!
  6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Sounds like a dealer issue to me. They're in stock at the factory.
  7. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

My old Meyer's was the same way only I love the touch pad vs. a joy stick. My old touch pad went bad during a storm so I had to get a new one and thankfully the dealer was open and had one but to the tune of close to $300.00 as well.:gunsfiring:
  8. wls

wls Senior Member

I could have sworn, I had a post on this thread, about ebay:)

I don't see it anymore.

I wouldn't be so hard on the dealer. As a former Sno-Way dealer, we were
    often ashamed to quote some of the prices as well. Especially selling the plows side-by-side with larger full sized plows, customers could never understand why they had to pay about a 25-35% premium for a downsized plow or for the parts for it. We always had good luck with the plows themselves, and they were well designed and constructed, but people just refused to pay their absurd prices.

Adam Caron
    Parts Manager
    Wright Trailers
    Seekonk, Ma