1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

33" Since Wednesday Morning 15" More by Christmas Eve

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Case580M, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Case580M

Case580M Senior Member

Not only are we getting record snowfall the temp just before 7PM last night was -21 deg f

More soon

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Above pic: I plowed drive at 1:00 am this is what greeted us by 7am the next morning. Was helping a friend plow as they were going out of town for Christmas, My wife buried the car! (AWD too)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  2. Case580M

Case580M Senior Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This pic was taken midway thru 1st storm

[​IMG]

High today around 15 deg

Weather says 14.7" more expected by Christmas Eve!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  3. Case580M

Case580M Senior Member

Sunday, December 21, 2008 Metric | English
    WeatherAlarm™!
    Snow occurring on Dec 21 | Dec 22 | Dec 23 | Dec 24. Total amount 14.7 Inches.AccuWeather.com Forecast: 15-Day OverviewDays 1-5 Days 6-10 Days 11-15 Weekends All 15 Days Sunday, Dec 21More Details/AccuPop™ Frigid with snowLow: 12 °FHigh: 18 °FMonday, Dec 22More Details Cloudy, a bit of snow; frigidLow: 2 °FHigh: 14 °FTuesday, Dec 23More Details Frigid with partial sunshineLow: 10 °FHigh: 12 °FWednesday, Dec 24More Details Snow or flurries possibleLow: 17 °FHigh: 18 °F

4. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

Love the pic of the dog, is he a black lab? I had a black lab, he loved being in the snow, had a hard time getting him back in the house. I now have a boxer mix, and she hates the cold, and does not really care for the snow all that much.

5. dan67

dan67 Member

case580m were in the pacific are you i'am in south southern oregon and we get alot of snow, Haven't seen many west coast posters, Be safe in the snow

6. Case580M

Case580M Senior Member

That one is a Female lab approx 7 months old, also have another 2 1/2 yr old male (the dad) they both love the snow

7. Case580M

Case580M Senior Member

I am about 10 miles north of Spokane. We are at approx 38" of snow in past week. Another 13.7 predicted by the 27th!

Tuesday, December 23, 2008 Metric | English
    WeatherAlarm™!
    Snow occurring on Dec 23 | Dec 24 | Dec 25 | Dec 26 | Dec 27. Total amount 13.7

My tractor broke down today too. Still was not done plowing as have been getting a fair amt every day. Last year was a record year and this year we are way past last Decembers 30" and just getting warmed up. Last year when there was 2' on ground it got very very windy and over 50deg and it all melted. Yet in January had to rent a bucket loader to move snow! Very very cold here now with below zero temps plus snow.

Had planned on posting more pics but have not had a break in days.

8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Nice pictures, it reminds me of the blizzard of 96 that I saw!

9. Case580M

Case580M Senior Member

Been wanting to post more pics and video but its been non-stop plowing since last wednesday!

Prediction for this evening and into Christmas day

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
    NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SPOKANE WA
    300 PM PST WED DEC 24 2008

IDZ002-WAZ036-250700-
    /O.CON.KOTX.WS.W.0012.000000T0000Z-081225T2000Z/
    COEUR D`ALENE AREA-SPOKANE AREA-
    INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS...COEUR D`ALENE...POST FALLS...
    HAYDEN...SPOKANE...CHENEY...DAVENPORT...ROCKFORD
    300 PM PST WED DEC 24 2008

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 12 PM PST
    THURSDAY...

A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 12 PM PST
    THURSDAY.

STORM TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 8 TO 10 INCHES ARE EXPECTED IN
    THE SPOKANE AND COEUR D`ALENE AREAS BY LATE MORNING ON CHRISTMAS
    DAY. LIGHT SNOW WILL INTENSIFY THIS EVENING...WITH OVERNIGHT
    ACCUMULATIONS OF 5 TO 7 INCHES. THE SNOW WILL DECREASE BY
    DAWN...BUT SNOW SHOWERS WITH AN ADDITIONAL INCH OR TWO
    ACCUMULATION WILL LINGER INTO CHRISTMAS MORNING.

TRAVEL ON CHRISTMAS MORNING WILL LIKELY BE DIFFICULT. HOLIDAY
    TRAVELERS SHOULD PAY SPECIAL ATTENTION TO THE WEATHER.

A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER
    CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW
    ARE FORECAST THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS. ONLY TRAVEL IN AN
    EMERGENCY. IF YOU MUST...KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT...FOOD...AND
    WATER IN YOUR VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY.

THIS WARNING INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS...COEUR D`ALENE...
    POST FALLS...HAYDEN...SPOKANE...CHENEY...DAVENPORT...ROCKFORD

So far today we have gotten 5-7" with another 8 predicted for tonight.
    More pics soon.

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

The little Black Female Lab disappeared an hour ago and its snowing so hard impossible to follow her tracks, appears someone must have picked her up....

Took 2 of us 5hrs each to plow my driveway today. Another couple plows by morning just to keep up.

SO much snow starting to look like grocery shortages already today as the passes seem to be closed in places on I90, semi's cannot get in to deliver. Had a set of Winter tires for wifes car supposed to come last thursday but UPS has been unable to deliver. Pretty amazing snowfall for this area... AND the new Blizzard for my truck is also delayed!!!

Go figure when It shows up next week its supposed to RAIN!

More pics tomorrow

10. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Holy Snow! Do you just take care of your own drive? Plowers there must be going crazy!

11. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

we need more pics!!!!

12. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Man that is a lot of snow to fall at one time. Take it easy plowing all that, thats the stuff that really beats up the trucks. If you have the time you can probably make a ton of money if you are not to burned out from plowing regular customers. Its to bad thats its falling on Christmas...hope you get to spend some time with the family.

I guess a BBQ dinner is out of the question.

13. Case580M

Case580M Senior Member

Right now yes. Had planned on New truck/plow but so far have not but wish I had.

My neighbor across the street bought a new plow day or so before snow started and its already paid for! (western)

I had a truck picked out but because of the poor fuel economy on a test tow 7.6mpg (6.4L Ford) I bought the KR instead. Had planned on picking it up anyway but I90 has been closed more than open.

I did order a new Blizzard Plow but it never came in yet...

I was just going to put it on my 4x2 for now, until I could pick up another truck.

I am currently using the GT245 John Deere and a friends Polaris Quad but took 2 of us the 5 hrs today to get things cleaned up.

SInce I Plowed we have gotten around 5" more with a bunch more due tonight. Its simply too much for little machines.

A few pics of what I have to plow (my place)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Case580M

Case580M Senior Member

A very difficult place to plow as if I push either side of drive it makes it near impossible to back out of house garage.

Aerial pic with colored dots:

Red Dots indicate a 3' drop off

Blue where I am now pushing

Yellow push until full (its now at max amt)

Pasture area is ok to push but its now much too deep to do anything.

I will take pics of where a friend said he could drive with his 4x4 but buried it. Had to pull him out with my 4x2 w/ Chains!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Above pic is from last year nothing compared to now

I would say close to 3' of snow on my garage roof right now. Pics tomorrow in daylight!

Time to plow again as another 5+" on the ground, If I wait until morning it will take me 3 days again.. LOL

Last edited: Dec 24, 2008
  15. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 Member

Wow you have a really nice place. I see it is for sale? Why would you want to sell it?

16. THREE W

THREE W Senior Member

gotta love the northwest this year. I have 27" on the ground with another 2-4" tonight, have plowed everyday since Dec 13th...and still counting, Merry x-mas to the NW plowers,

Should be interesting next week if it does warm up and we get rain. Will be plowing probably again tonight.

17. Case580M

Case580M Senior Member

Yes, For sale so mowed it out in the pasture.

Want to move back to Arizona,,,, if this would be a normal year, it would be different but its usually freezing rain, sloppy, foggy with little snowfall.

These pics to snowfall since a week ago wednesday morning when it started to snow.

Its got to be over 40" so far in past wk or so.

A few pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Case580M

Case580M Senior Member

19. Case580M

Case580M Senior Member

20. Case580M

Case580M Senior Member