1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

33" Coopers On A Stock '03 Ram 2500

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by DeereFarmer, Jul 25, 2011.

1. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Well the time has finally come to purchase some new tires! I've been looking at the Cooper Discoverer S/T Maxx tires. I can get Cooper tires pretty cheap through my work. I've never owned a set of Coopers in my life and I'm wanting to give them a try. I would be getting a set of 285/70/17s for my stock '03 Ram. Anybody have any experience with these tires? I know the Maxx's are a new to the market tire, but any feedback on them? I'm looking for something that will look great, wear well, and do well in the snow even though I don't plow with this truck. The 285s should fit and not be too much wear and tear, right? Thanks!

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

In regards to the size they will fit fine.
  3. DeereFarmer

Awesome, thats what I figured. Even if the rub a little a full lock it won't bother me.
  4. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I have the same truck in a Diesel with that size tire in a Hankook Dynapro ATM and they do rub a little with the Dodge factory mudflaps on it at full turn, its a bit worse with the plow on
  5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

There is probably a reason the Coopers are so cheap. One of my customers sells tires. Tons and tons of tires. All brands. They used to be primarily Cooper, but the quality has gone down hill. Goodyear is their lead brand now.
  6. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Of all the tires Ive had Coopers have lasted the longest and provided the best traction. I would buy another set in a heartbeat.
  7. DeereFarmer

Hopefully it'll be ok on mine. I don't plow with it (never will) and I have aftermarket smooth mudflaps. It also seem to seem pretty level. About .75" down in the front from what i've measured. Not sure if it has a leveling kit or not. How far off will my speedometer be with 285s?

Thanks again guys. Keep the opinions coming.ussmileyflag