1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

???

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by rfed32, Dec 27, 2005.

1. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

but a friend of mine sent me an email sorry for the ??? i didnt know what to call this. and i didnt know what to tell him

so i have question real qucik. i am right now plowing for a local lndscaper in his truck. i was going to put a plow on my ranger but desided not to a week ago. i had won the bid on a local pizza shop thinking i would be able to do this along with the lancapers driveways i was doing. now that i am not getting a plow on my truck what should i do about the pizza joint? should i say somehting to the landscaper and say hey ill give u this much money if i can plow this spot, should i find someone else to plow this spot, or should i just say F it and call the ower and tell him i cant do this.

i figured save the 4K it was gonna cost put it into a nice used bigger truck for next year and pick up a used plow for it.

what do you guys think i should tell him to do???

Last edited: Dec 27, 2005
  2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

I would first talk to the guy you are plowing for and see if you can reach some type of a agreement that you will use his truck to plow this lot and pay him x number of dollars. If that didn't work I would try to sub it out. The last thing I would do is just say F*** it and walk away, it will give you a bad name.

Regards Mike

3. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

It depends on how much money were talking about (although a bit late in the season for just winning a bid? What happened to the other guy, who has plowed it up till now? Since they are so late in the year I wonder what kind of payer they will be?)

Talk to your boss, tell him you have a lead on a parking lot job and would he consider splitting the profits. Key word profits. If the lot pays $100, and your bosses truck/gas/insurance/your pay/etc cost $50, that leaves $50 for you to split 50/50 or 60/40 whatever.

Just remember, he is the one with the truck, insurance, advertising and billing headaches.

4. Grn Mtn

The reason I didn't suggest that is I made an assumption(yeah yeah I know what that leads too) that your insurance isn't even set-up for commercial plowing, let alone sub work. Your right about the getting a bad rep if you just dump the job.

Also, who will be salting the lot? Can you say slip-and-fall:dizzy: payup

Last edited: Dec 27, 2005
  5. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

so ill let him know what you guys think...

as for how late it is, i think he got it after the 1st snowfall but couldnt get there so he called someone to do it like a cuz or uncle i dunno...i know it was someone in the family...why they dont do it again not sure also but i will tell him to try to work somehting out with his boss and tell him if not to talk to a buddy with a plow...weve all got friends lol...he tried to get me to do but i have too too much for my little truck...

6. Grn Mtn

Now I'm confused, I thought YOU won a bid? Who is "HE"? a new owner of the pizza joint? And who is HIS Boss?

7. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

like i think he put in his bid that he could not plow the 1st snow fall if it went to a certin date. seeing that he was going to get a plow at the end of dec. so like he got it but didnt have to do the 1st snow fall....im not sure who he is working for, he doesnt live in my area really, all i know its a local landscaper i think the company is like beauty landcaping, beatufiul landscaping, bella landscaping...somthing like that it has to do with beautful, but i told him to talk to his boss and he said he'll let me see how things go

8. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

You have had me confused from the time you started this thread. I can now gather that you are talking about a friend but where does your work with a landscaping company and the Ranger not having a plow come in? Your talking like its you that got this pizza place to plow.

Your talking about yourself in the 3rd person, at least in the way its written.

9. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

the work about landscapin and ranger is that he has a ranger that he was going to put a plow on but that fell through...he works for a local lanscaper in one of their trucks...he was going to do work for them with his ranger but was in their truck till he got it...but he didnt get the money for a plow...

and im not talking 3rd person i have a s10 not a ranger i plow for myself so sorry if this sounds like im talking about myself i really didnt know how to get this accross in the 1st place...

he asked me to plow it but i couldnt this was after he didnt get a plow...i dunno im just telling you what he has told me...i dont know if this is confussing if so i am sorry i dont know if he had it for the 1st storm or not we've only had one plowable storm...i dunno if he did it in the guys truck he is plowing for or got someone to do it...i just know that he doesnt have a plow on his truck...is stuck wiht this lot for the rest of the season and thats about it...he asked me the question about what to do so i tried to put it out here as bst as posible...

Last edited: Dec 29, 2005