1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

305 Gallon Skid Sprayer w/spray bar

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Kubota 8540, Mar 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

This is a custom built 305 gallon 8'skid sprayer, with 5.5 hp Briggs and Stratton engine, Riverside 2" 160 gpm poly pump, set up for anti-icing and deicing. The spray boom is approx 8' wide. Boom attaches to trailer hitch with pin. Comes with a 6' x 1" quick couple boom hose. It will spray up to 16' wide with the current boom setup, and can easily be narrowed to 10' wide. It has the plumbing / valve set up to easily attach a standard garden hose or can be adapted for a future hose reel. All suction hose is 2" pvc and pressure hoses are 1" EPDM. When fully loaded it will weigh about 3,400 pounds. It's too much weight for my truck, so trying to sell. Price is $2,250

2_03_10 006 (Custom).jpg 2_03_10 019 (Custom).jpg

2_03_10 006 (Custom).jpg

2_03_10 019 (Custom).jpg

2. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

Nice looking unit, great price

3. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Bump...For a nice looking Unit....

4. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Wish it was closer. Did you build it ? Looks great, less than half the price I'm looking at.

5. hiranger

hiranger Member

Curious on what you are using for a controller? Nice sharp looking unit. Have some interest, but have to check out where your town is.

6. Kubota 8540

Thanks to all for the "nice looking " comment. Yes, I did build it, it was one of my winter projects. An hour here and there.

No variable rate controller, but can be added. I have yet to see the need for one. If I want less gallon per acre I simply speed up 1 or 2 mph or select a different nozzle. Nozzles are matched according to the sprayer pressure to give the gpa rating traveling at a given speed. Keeping it simple keeps the cost down and less $$ maintenance also. It does have an electric valve that controls the on/off function of the spray bar. It is a single circuit spray bar. More can be added, but more money also. That would depend on your spraying needs.

7. hiranger

hiranger Member

Is Marseilles up by Chicago?

8. hiranger

hiranger Member

I am down in Peoria, IL

9. Kubota 8540

I'm up east of Lasalle, and Ottawa. 90 miles from you, 1 hr 45 min. About 15 miles east of I 39 on rt 80

10. hiranger

hiranger Member

I might be coming up to Ladd today to see a friend of mine. Do you have any availabilty today or Friday?

11. Kubota 8540

After 3 pm today or anytime Friday. Sent you a Private Message.

12. Kubota 8540

SOLD.....Thanks, hiranger. If you have any questions just give me a call.

13. hiranger

hiranger Member

Thanks again..... I will call you in the fall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.