1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3046r or 3720 with 74" Pronovost inverted

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NickSnow&Mow, Jul 12, 2015.

1. NickSnow&Mow

NickSnow&Mow Senior Member

Looking into running a rental JD 3046r and buying a 74" pronovost inverted blower. Just wondering if this is properly sized implement to tractor and if you would have to run a lot of front weights. Deere wants $1350 per month for 5 months to rent a new 3046 (cab, 4x4, 2 rear remotes and 46hp) is that a rip or normal? I could own one at 0% for like $700-$800 for 72 months. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Nick

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  2. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

I rented my first year to make sure a compact tractor was what I wanted... $1350 sounds perfectly fair to me and gives you the option to step out at any time plus no repairs or maintenance expenses as they take care of everything and grease it every couple weeks for you...

If buying I'd highly suggest a kubota with the new k connect front attachment system... I doubt I'll be buying another deere anytime soon... plus do heavy winter payments and minimal summer payments will help the tractor be easier to justify

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  3. Triple L

from Canada

IMG_20150506_110047.jpg

4. NickSnow&Mow

Thanks Chad, it all depends on what kind of customer base I get. I would need atleast 50 customers to rent and closer to 70 to buy. If I bought one I would try to get more large commercial property's in the summer and put a mid mower on it. I could also tow a trailer with it with my walker and everything on it before I'm 17 and can get a truck. Nothing against kubota It's forsure my second choice. If I remember right when I got a quote on one it was like equal price so I'd definetly be going green in that case. 4 series is not a choice because it doesn't have a mid pto. When I got a quote it was on a 4066r and l6060. In the 3 range size kubota is it any cheaper? That kubota sure is nice who's is it?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  5. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

I'm in the Deere/Kubota debate right now...I'd rather have the Kubota, but we can't come up with a way to make it narrow enough to fit on some of our walks. Plus Kage has an undercarriage that'll work on the Kubota, not so on the Deere. Got a bunch of little broken up lots for a municipality along with their sidewalks...

1350 a month seems like a good deal to me...

6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

7. Triple L

from Canada

I'll sell you myn, 2010 3720 with 1100 hrs... everything you need just turn the key, tractor loader and front 3pt hitch

8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

And 20k sounds like a fair deal for it also.

9. Triple L

from Canada

Front 3 point is about 3k, 4 auxiliaries is another 1500, front blower is another 4k... do we need to keep going...

10. NickSnow&Mow

Chad I would love to buy yours but I have to figure a lot of things out before I buy anything. My dad might be able to go 50/50 on a used one with me for his summer use since I don't need it then. Like you guys have been saying Used would be a much better option for me. Anything under 1500 hours would be fine. Might have to use the 3032 for another start to the season so I can figure how much $ I'll be bringing in this winter. What's the reason for selling? Wanting to go all kubota? How much do you want for your 37?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  11. NickSnow&Mow

Cet thanks for bringing that one up. My dad was telling me about that one today. Like you guys are saying used is the way to go once I can get some serious winter cash flow.

12. Triple L

from Canada

Exactly, I'll be buying kubota one I posted a picture of if I ever sold myn deere

13. NickSnow&Mow

Yeah that's a really nice tractor. I still prefer green but I'm sure the kubotas are great too. So how much do you want for it? We could possibly work something out in the fall depending on the # of customers I get.

14. Triple L

from Canada

Not sure, I'm sure we can work something out

15. NickSnow&Mow

Cool. We'll talk closer to October or November. Going to have to make some really good door hangers this year. You where right, I got the mulching deck by the way.

16. Triple L

from Canada

Just a forwarning... your gonna have to go out on a limb with this one... I can pretty much guarantee you all the little tractors will be rented up if you want till November to book one and if you buy you'll be having a lot harder time buying something cause it'll be "in season" pricing and all the good ones will be gone... you should make up your mind at the absolute latest early September and even that's pushing it

17. NickSnow&Mow

Yeah I'm sure you're right I'll have to decide around September. I'm not too worried about it though, worst case I do another season open station and a bit shy on hp, kinda sucks if you're doing 70 driveways but I can handle it. As much as I'd like to buy yours the truth is it probably won't be this season. If you get an offer you like sell it because I'm still trying to figure things out and not sure what I'm gonna do. I asked elmira about it and they said most rentals are spoken for by October but you still might be able to get something. Most likely case is I'll be tossing out the 8k or so for rental. Seems kinda dumb when that could be 1/3 of a used one but do what you gotta do. I'm still interested and I'll buy it if I can but can't make any promises.

18. Bigplower

Bigplower Member

how much would the blower set you back?

19. NickSnow&Mow

About 8k. I've decided to keep my frontier regular blower for now and save for a tractor so I can pay all cash.

20. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Have you considered an aftermarket cab for what you already have...? Cheap upgrade without blowing through your first couple season profit.