1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

302 V8 running on 5 cyl

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by WhiplashSmile, Mar 5, 2005.

1. WhiplashSmile

WhiplashSmile Junior Member

Hi im new here and i came on to see if anyone can help me out. Ive got a 1992 Ford F-150 2wd auto, i bought it off my friends dad 3 months ago. And they got the spark plugs changed by their family mechanic, And ever after that they said it missed i little, but i bought it anyways thinking i could fix it, but to tell you the truth its been pissin me off. ok well i took it down to the Ford shop and the put it on their computer and they said im running off 5 cyls its missing in 3. But it has platinum 2 plugs in it, and they said they are a bad spark plug, and they said my fuel filter is bad to but i already replaced that so who know... But to get down to it if im driving my truck off the line and keep my foot on the gas at a steady position they rpm goes up and down up and down. And if im going i can feel it miss, Ive replaced rotor, cap, plugs, wires. and still runs like ****, Compression is good too. if anyone can help me please do so...
    thx david I get about 140Km to a tank of gas

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Still run bad?
    Could be a bad ignition modual or a computer connection.

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Still run bad?
    Could be a bad ignition module or a computer connection.