1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3000 lift leaks down

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by snow7899, Jan 16, 2008.

1. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

One of my dumps has a curtis 3000 which when the blade is lifted, it slowly starts to drop. There are no external leaks. Is there anything that is common? I am a big Fisher plow fan and don't have much knowledge of Curtis. Do the valves ever stick or not fully seat. Thanks for any help.

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

its amazing the curtis reps arent here gotta tell i havent had any problems yet but my next truck is gonna western or fisher because of lack of parts and customer service

3. Stan MI

Stan MI Member

Not to jump a thread........ this guy used to be here all the time.

David Breault
    Marketing Communications Manager
    Curtis Snowplows
    www.curtisplow.com

Haven't seen a post from him in a long time .

4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

amazing wesport

5. Easy

Easy Senior Member

Mine did the same thing. Went back to the dealer and had a valve replaced. No problem after the valve was replaced.
    Don

6. 03SuperCrew330

03SuperCrew330 Member

Was it the lift valve they replaced? Did they leave the same 12v coil on it or was that replaced also?
    I have the same problem, I have gone through the troubleshooting and disassembled the valve, cleaned with mineral spirits and put it all back together. I also took apart the ball and spring assembly in the bypass/blowoff port, cleaned, checked and cleaned with mineral spirits. I got so mad that I took everything apart, cleaned and put back everything in the manifold and all the valves.....same problem.

I didn't want to start replacing things until I got a hard answer. I have emailed curtis and pm'd the rep on here in the fall and got no answers.

Let me know if the troubleshooting manual on the curtis site helps you!

7. makplow

makplow Senior Member

I hear you guys about getting no answers. May be he quit or got fired?

Mak.

8. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

I ordered a lift valve. I have to remove the entire power unit because the plastic resevoir drain plug stipped out. ( THATS A REAL GOOD DESIGN ) just so happens it is replaced by a steal one. I plan on replacing the valve when I get it out. I'll let you know what happens.

9. KubotaJr

KubotaJr Senior Member

Mine also does the same thing, ill have to check into the valve solution. Any ways to get my curtis to lift higher?

10. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

I got the valve off and found it to be bent. It was not visible when it was mounted but now that its off you can see it clearly. I got charged 180.00 from local dealer.

11. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

I went to install valve but it was not the right one. Thanks again to my local dealer, way to go.