1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3000 doesn't backdrag

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by mxz600, Dec 24, 2007.

1. mxz600

mxz600 Junior Member

I can't get this thing to backdrag for nothing. I have the joystick control, pull up to a garage door and lower the plow. It drags about 1ft clean and then rides up on the pile of snow. It takes me 3 times as long to clean up a driveway then my boss with his Western. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Jay

2. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

take the feet off if you haven't already. but even that dosn't help much. thankfully i dont do much if any backdragging on my route....but when i go to clean up someones driveway or something....it dosnt drag for s**t

3. 03SuperCrew330

03SuperCrew330 Member

Same here, I put a new cutting edge on this season to see if that would help but no, its just not great at backdragging. I even put a new steel one on because I was told the extra weight would help...I should have just put a ploy edge on because I don't think it could get any worse!

4. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

You might want to fab up a backdrag edge for the plow. It'll make it a lot better.

5. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i never have any problems

6. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Make sure the float light comes on. Mine takes forever before it engages. With out DP no blade will back blade very good. If you backblade alot go with the Snoway next time.

7. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

my trip edge will clean right to the pavement for about 8-10 feet before it rides up better than my old fisher dreamed of

8. mxz600

mxz600 Junior Member

Feet are off, will check to see if float works better, anyone have pictures of a fabbed up blade for backdragging?

Thanks guys,
    Jay

9. FLASHMAN

FLASHMAN Member

In addition to taking the skid shoes off, I use a little trick... I backdrag to get the bulk away, then push to scrape. That makes a little pile that you can easily backdrag. Takes a couple of extra minutes, but to me, easier then trying to fab up a backdrag blade.

10. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i do that to its for the garage doors