1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

300 dollar valve

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by RBRONKEMA GHTFD, Feb 11, 2010.

1. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Hey guys, Just curious if this price seems right or not. My angle valve went out in my 8 foot straight blade the other day. I did not know it at the time so I brought it to my dealer to see if they could find out what was going on. He said usually its because they loosen up. So he tightened it up and then we tried it. Nope. He ran some test with his test light and came up with nothing. I was getting power to the valve. He said we are gonna have to put an valve in it. I immediately asked how much it was going to be. His exact words were a couple hundred. I asked what a couple hundred was and he said about 300 by the time I am done. the valve was 254.00 dollars. I had them put it in because they already had it apart. all said and done it was 300 bucks. Does that price seem a little high? This controls both left and right functions. Its not like the little ones for up and down. Its double the size.

2. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I've never had to replace a valve. Replaced one coil on one once, think that was under $50...

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I had power at my coils. I went into the pile with the blade straight. Picked it up before I got to it and stoped before I went completely into the pile. As I backed out it went to the left without me touching the controller. I checked all my plugs and tried to angle it righ. No dice. The motor would run but it wouldn't move. I found a curb and pushed the plow onto the crub with the controller angled to the right it went over just fine. As soon as I baked away from the curb and it went right to the again.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The angle valve is the most expensive valve on a Boss, but luckily they have a decent service life.

However your dealer must be charging you full list prices as they're not normally quite that much. Usually closer to $200.