1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

30" + snowblower??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by KCAPXIS, Dec 11, 2006.

1. KCAPXIS

KCAPXIS Senior Member
    from NE PA.

Who makes a GOOD walk behind snow blower, looking for something 30" and 8hp or larger.

2. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

We have a Snapper 11/30, 11 h.p., 30 inches. Was the most well built I could find. Been dependable and bought at local dealer so I can get service. Ariens also makes something huge like a 34 inch 14 h.p. deal I think still, but price is high and snapper seemed more "built".

3. PTLandscapeCO.

PTLandscapeCO. Junior Member

adksnowo We have a Snapper 11/30, 11 h.p., 30 inches. Was the most well built I could find. Been dependable and bought at local dealer so I can get service. Ariens also makes something huge like a 34 inch 14 h.p. deal I think still, but price is high and snapper seemed more "built".

The Ariens model will run u like 2800 and yes i can agree the snapper is way nicer!

4. Lawnscape89

Lawnscape89 Senior Member

Here's one of my Cub Cadet. It's 13 HP and cuts a 45" path! You only need to make one pass down a sidewalk. Would probably sell it if someone is interested. It's being replaced with a much faster Kawasaki.

Cub Cadet 1345 Snow Blower.jpg

Cub Cadet 1345 Snow Blower 2.jpg

Cub Cadet 1345 Snow Blower 3.jpg

Cub Cadet 1345 Snow Blower 4.jpg

5. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

We have an Ariens 1332 Pro. Very very nice machine. In fact probably the nicest one I've ever used.

6. RedDodge

RedDodge Junior Member
    from md

How much?? cbrumit@verizon.net

7. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

I have a 29" Craftsman with 9 hp. I love it. Also for sale. I think all makes are pretty good, it seems.

8. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Did you buy that from Lowes?

9. Lawnscape89

Lawnscape89 Senior Member

No, it actually came from a Cub Cadet dealer. That was before Lowes started carrying them, which kinda suprised me being such a large machine.

10. wrtenterprises

wrtenterprises Member

I have a 38" Simplicity, and it's a true beast. It does have electric chute control, very nice...Too big for the small stuff, and very heavy. However, when you get those 10" + storms, I'm glad I have a large machine. It sits in the shop most of the time. My Toro 3650, and the snow commander get most all of the snow duty.......

11. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

12. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

13. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

double post sorry

Last edited: Dec 15, 2006
  14. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

I dont know why more commercial guys dont use Simplicities? Theyre the sturdiest, nicest built walk behind snowthrower ive ever seen.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/549178410EAUsZj?start=36
    http://travel.webshots.com/album/549178410EAUsZj?start=48
    http://travel.webshots.com/album/549178410EAUsZj?start=60

[​IMG]

Makes those home depot units, 40" wide or 15hp or whatnot seem very cheezywesport I think mine are ~275 lbs, same model, ones a year newer and 13hp vs 12hp. Theyll move some serious snow though for something thats not tractor driven with a 30hp diesel behind it or whatnot.

15. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

If you have 30 inches of snow right now you probly ain't going anywhere. I don't even think they make a blower that will take 30" deep snow. And I have seen many snowblowers of my 18 years of life. Unless you get a huge commercial double decker blowers.

16. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

He's talking about a 30" width, not depth.

17. DJC

DJC Senior Member

I have looked at those several times at our dealer. They look like a blowing machine

18. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Perhaps you missed my first post

19. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Probably have to order a few rolls of yellow police line tape as I would be willing to bet that there would be way more people watching you than just the customer!:dizzy:

20. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

Well try and keep in mind that I'm blonde, so you're going to have to give me a little break.