1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

30 sec plow videos

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mrmike, Dec 12, 2012.

1. mrmike

mrmike Junior Member

I just purchased a MM1 plow & need a little help on putting it on & taking it off. You can find videos of putting them on in 30 sec to a minute which do not really explain everything in detail..........and don't do a thing for a newcomer like me........... Can someone tell me how to get get the thing ready at the right height ever time to line up with the push plates?
    Any help would be appreciated.........
  2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

search youtude im sure theres something there
  3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

x2 on that,,,or fishers website
  4. nepatsfan

nepatsfan Senior Member

When you take it off the truck it should be at the right height. If you tighten up the safety chain a little it will make the height a little higher so it slides into the ears.(make sure it's loose when you are pushing on the headgear to lock the pins in) after it is in far enough that the pins don't slide in front of the ears, release the pins and push the headgear up until the pins lock in. (make sure you don't push on the headlights). If one side doesn't go in all the way you can grab the blade and rock it back and forth a little or cut the wheels on the truck and move forward. Connect the plugs, pick up the jack and drive away. When you drop it, make sure you hit down to drop it and manually push down on the lift piston to retract it all the way.
  5. camp61

camp61 Member

I used to own a Fisher and always had a heck of a time putting it on the truck. Bought a new Boss last year and didn't look back. It's sooooooo easy!
  6. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

fisher mm2 solved the height problem with the wire pulling down the lift arm, which you could easily add to your plow
  7. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

They call it a minute mount for a reason.Here is what I used to do with my mm1.I would figure out where I wanted to take the plow off.Drop the plow get out of the truck.Go over to the lift arm and collapse the lift arm all the way,this also releases tension on the chain.I would then take a piece of 1/2 12x12 plywood and drop the leg on it.Make sure the leg locks itself into place.Then push the headgear towards the truck it releases tension on the plow allowing you to pull both pins out of the pushplates.Its good idea to keep these pins lubricated.Once both pins are removed disconnect your plugs and back out and your good to go!
  8. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

2 important factors to keep in mind when taking it on and off, and it all boils down to consistency! #1 - pick a consistent place to drop it, that is LEVEL. #2 - make sure to dismount your plow the way you intend on picking it back up - meaning if you have ballast in your truck at the time, make sure it's there when you mount it again..and so forth. Keep the weight the same, and in the same spot, sounds simple, but it makes all the difference in the world. Once your set, go to the list below......

1. Leave it on Level ground

2. With truck running, and the controller powered on, hold the down button for 3 seconds to put the plow in float mode.

3. Leaving the truck running, get out, go to the front of the plow, and push down on the lift arm (Triangle connected to the chain) to compress the lift cylinder all the way down.

4. Put a block of wood under jack stand

5. Pull the L shaped handle out to release the jack stand.

6. Disengage the pins from the push plates...the trick here is to keep tension on the headgear (pushing it towards the truck) as you pull the pins out.

That's it. In hind sight to the MM2...they absolutely suck, but, given what they came from previously....it was the best thing since sliced bread at the time.

Camp61: Go back to what Boss had when MM1's first came out, then talk to me about "sooooo easy".

unhcp is speaking of the Spring retention kit...parts 27534 & 27169K, but they cost almost $60 put together....all it is, is a spring, and a cable to pull down on the lift arm for you. For $60, I would just do it myself, your out there anyway.