1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

30" Of Snow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sbrennan007, Nov 1, 2003.

1. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

payup Ok, so who are the luckly ones that got upwards of 30" of snow over the past couple of days? I'm sure most of you are still cleaning up after that.

Please post some pics if you have any....
  2. Jay ALC

Jay ALC Senior Member

Who would this be? :confused:
  3. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

Hmm too much halloween candy?:eek: :confused:
  4. Roger Dodger

Roger Dodger Senior Member
    from nw Pa.

I guess it would be these folks... only problem is I don't see any signs of vehicle tracks or piled snow!

5. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

I believe portions of Colorado were hammered but probably pretty high up in the mountains.
  6. windmill

windmill Senior Member

Well our news showed that Utah had some snow a while back. I also know that Calgary and Edmonton had about a foot of snow. So where are the people who plow from that area??? Out plowing?? Come on let's hear who's plowing so we can all be jealous.:) :(
  7. Plow Babe

Plow Babe Senior Member

Nope, not us yet. Just some light sprinkles up high. I think the snow hit Utah and Wyoming.
  8. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

Anyone watch the Weather Channel? The other day they had a listing of about 10 different locations that received from 8"- 30" of snow. Out West I believe. payup
  9. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Someone posted here last thursday night that it was snowing at the college football game on ESPN. When I read the post I put it on & it was snowing. Bringham Young & Boise State. My brother in law said they had 6" by the end of the game & the announcers said more was on the way in the forecast there, so somebody got lucky & got to plow last week!! Nice!
  10. maintenanceman

maintenanceman Member

Just got in from plowing. Here in Edmonton Alberta we got 10 cm of snow!! Looks like I'll be in for a long season. Good luck to the rest of you. Apparently Calgary had 30 cm this past weekend.
  11. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Please convert it to American standard measurement because at least 95% of members here are from the good ol' USA. ;) :D
  12. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

10cm / 2.54 = 4" (3.9")

30cm / 2.54 = 12" (11.8")

cm ( 1 in / 2.5 cm ) = in
  13. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks John! :D
  14. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

No problem Stephen. If it would start snowing down here, I'd have much less free time, and that would be a good thing!!:drinkup:
  15. jiriki87

jiriki87 Member

Yup Steamboat Springs CO has recieved close to 18-20 inches of snow in the last several days. It snow 5-7 inches last night. Although most of my commercial contracts want to wait. The snow is still melting into slush within the afternoon.
    Gonna take the King Cat out on some flat trails up at 9,500 ft. I'll try and post some pics soon.

16. long0

long0 Senior Member

Started snowing about 5:00 last night and stopped around midnight and dropped to around 15 degrees. 2" at my house, rain at all my accounts. Made for some really nasty roads this morning.

17. windmill

windmill Senior Member

Hey maintenanceman thanks for the post, and welcome to plowsite. there aren't a lot of us western canucks (or 'mericans) on this site so I hope you'll be with us for the long run. Did you get to go out and plow? From what I understand the snow is/was staying around for a while?
    Ahh stupid me, just re-read your post yes you were out plowing. Sorry.
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2003