1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

30" 2014 Ariens, whats it worth??

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by RonWin, Sep 17, 2015.

1. RonWin

RonWin Senior Member

A friend of friend has a 2014 ariens 30" snow thrower that hes getting rid of. Says it has 2 years warranty left (not sure its xferable?) Paid $1,400 for it and wants $900. Im assuming he got it at a big box store. What dyou think its worth and what should i ask/look for when viewing it this sunday?
  2. kolwnmstr

kolwnmstr Senior Member

A 30" for the price of a 24" sounds like a decent deal for being 1 yr old.
  3. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction Senior Member

Make sure it starts and runs good. I say go for it if you need one. They're solid blowers.
  4. RonWin

RonWin Senior Member

Can anyone recommend a good ramp for this blower in and out of the back of a truck?
  5. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction Senior Member

If there is a harbor freight around you they have cheap ones that are just as good as the big box stores. Just make sure you're good on weight. I've even used the brackets that you put on 2x8 they work fine until the wood warps.
  6. coke813

coke813 Member

For snowblower ramps, I just used the 2x8s with the bracket on top. only problem was the wood gets slippery when there's snow/ice on them. So I stapled some rubber strips on top, now no problems.
    side note, I have a 20 year old 24" ariens blower that still starts on first pull. great machine. I don't do any sidewalks anymore, so now it just lives in the garage in case I need it.
  7. Freshwater

Freshwater Senior Member

unfortunately none of the newer brands are made like the old machines.
  8. F350plower

F350plower Junior Member

Older machines are definetly much more bullet proof. Hope the machine works out if you got it. Would highly recommend starting the season with spare shear pins. Even the best machine isnt worth squat with broken pins and the middle of a storm isnt the best time to try and figure it out.