1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

30,000 sq. ft. parking lot

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by K-Raab, Dec 2, 2009.

1. K-Raab

K-Raab Junior Member
    from PA

I have the oppurtunity to bid on this 30,000 square foot parking lot. It would be my only commercial account(ive only ever done residential) so I thought I'd ask for some input. I was thinking of charging an hourly rate for this. How many pounds of salt do you think it would take for a lot this size, 400-500 lbs??? Should i include the salt in my hourly charge? This is in Eastern Pennsylvania by the way.

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

what do u want to make an hour? That is what you charge. 400# of bagged salt will do the trick in most circumstances. but all depends on how much traffic the lot gets.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Salt is always an extra charge. Why not give them a per push price or seasonal price?

4. K-Raab

K-Raab Junior Member
    from PA

Thanks for the input guys, Im throwing together an estimate, I'll let you know how i make out. Thanks again

5. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

How would you add salt to an hourly charge?

6. K-Raab

K-Raab Junior Member
    from PA

I just asked that question, notice the question mark at the end of that sentence.

7. cretebaby

Actuallly.......................You asked this.

8. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

WOW!!!....I guess he put you in your place...Next time pay attention Cretebaby for crying out loud.....:gunsfiring:

9. cretebaby

:rolleyes::laughing:

10. K-Raab

K-Raab Junior Member
    from PA

Haha Touche.

11. cretebaby

LOL

You will screw yourself if you include salt in your hourly rate.

Charge for it by the pound/ton or better yet by the application.