1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3 wire converted mm1 moving slow...?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by bryanlaprad, Jan 20, 2012.

1. bryanlaprad

bryanlaprad Junior Member

hey guys. i just hooked up my plow today and it seems like its moving slow...theres no leaks or anything. is there an adjustment on the pump to make it move a little faster? it is an older plow and it could just be me comparing it to my boss's plow that i just had hooked to my truck the last storm...any input is appreciated!

2. ChrisFromBoston

ChrisFromBoston Junior Member

How are the fluid and filter? A clogged filter will cause very slow operation.

3. bryanlaprad

the fluid level is fine and should be good...i replaced it in november....i never thought of the filter...

4. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I would have to agree with chris seems like the suction filter might be plugged up is it SEHP pump or and insta act pump? SEHP pump has the lift piston with the pump.Insta act has its own piston with a hydraulic line running to the pump.

5. bryanlaprad

I thought it was the instant-act pump but from your description it sounds like its the sehp pump. I bought a filter kit and a few quarts of oil and will do it on tomorrows rain day. Thanks for the help. I will respond with the results

6. bryanlaprad

well i changed the fluid and cleaned out the reservoir....when i popped the reservoir off the pump, the old filter was laying in the bottom not attached to the suction tube.....i put the new filter on and put it back together. it seemed to be about the same....maybe time for an upgrade next season

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it has a removable reservoir then it's an Insta-act unit. Running it with the filter off it may have picked up debris and run it through the valve screens. So the next thing I'd recommend is pulling the valves at least and cleaning them up. Then if it's still sluggish an amp draw test is next in line and then get a pressure gauge on it to check the gear pumps health.

8. bryanlaprad

stupid question but how do you clean up the valve screens.....? i feel dumb asking these questions but i dont know too much about these things...i know theres not much to them but i guess we all start somewhere...lol

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012