1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3 wheeler plow question.

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by 3wheeledjunkie, Jan 31, 2009.

1. 3wheeledjunkie

3wheeledjunkie Junior Member
    from Ohio

Back a few years ago my buddy had a 3 wheeler with a plow on it. I know they used to exsist, and ive seen vids on youtube of people using them. I have been searching and searching and cant seem to find anyone or anywhere that would have a plow to mount to my 1985 Honda 250ex 3wheeler. Am I going to have to build some sort of custom deal here? Or is there a place you guys could point me into finding one? Any help or suggestions are GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

2. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

youd be hard pressed to find any one that makes them as there is no reason, theres only a handful of these things around that are in good enough shape to plow with, youll have to make your your own which shouldnt be too hard imo good luck

3. 3wheeledjunkie

from Ohio

Thanks for the response, thats kinda what I figured. Does anyone have the slightest idea on how to make my own? Im assuming i'll have to find a blade from a lawn tractor or something like that?

4. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

i would find a blade, then add pipe to the outside so itll clear your tire, then mount a flat plate to the bottom of your frame, with pullpins, like a regular 4x quad, then you have to figure out how to raise it? mount winch up where headlite goes maybe? add chains to tires and plow.

5. 3wheeledjunkie

from Ohio

The winch idea sounds better then using the manual pull bar I was going to put on it to raise the blade by hand. Thanks for getting my brain going on this!

6. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

it wouldnt be hard to bend the tubing. they have a hydraulic tube bender at work. you can bend the tubing by using torches getting it cherry red and bend it on a table to something. or you can get square stock and weld it with 90 degree angles and use it like that.

7. 3wheeledjunkie

from Ohio

I was kinda wondering about that too, because I think that is more how the original Cycle County plows were made. Only problem is, this one doesnt look like they have enough room to turn the tire inside the bracket.... Here is a pic of one:

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=73172&d=1232761025

8. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

thats easy too. you make the front a bigger radius and when you come back to the back of the tire you go narrow. I will draw a pic in a sec when im done eating lol

9. 3wheeledjunkie

from Ohio

cool man, thanks

10. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

how much does the front tire turn? and how wide is the front tire?

11. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

not the best drawing but it will show you what im talking about.
    [​IMG]

12. 3wheeledjunkie

from Ohio

I see what you are saying. A setup like that would work great! I'll get some tubing this coming weekend and get to work. Thanks!

13. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

if you need help let me know I can try to help you over the pc.

14. 3wheeledjunkie

from Ohio

Thanks man, I really appreciate it! :salute:

15. valpoguy

valpoguy Member

Hey another 3 wheeler guy! I just restored my 200x and i have a TriZ

16. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

wow I have never riden a 3 wheeler before I might need to find a cheap one to buy and ride lol

17. skywagon

skywagon Senior Member

I plowed from 1984 to 2004 with my big red 200ES, shaft drive with reverse and do not underestamate this machine for plowing. I still have the plow but the bracket went with the bike when sold in 2004. would not be hard to make a mounting bracket as it just bolts to the bottom of the bike. It is hand operated but works good and is in good shape.:D:D

18. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

19. JTLossos

JTLossos Junior Member

Sublime,

Those pic's should help him out setting that up, nice find. However, who ever that guy on Ebay is, needs a lesson in rust control. He makes claims as to how well maintained his units are but I think those pic's he posted are worth the proverbial thousand words.

20. mkgearhead

mkgearhead Junior Member

I just bought a plow from a 3 wheeler today. I'm going to modify it to work on my Polaris Scrambler 400. Here are some pics. I'd be willing to sell it, but shipping would probably be too expensive. Here are some pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]