1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3 way valve Spring Torsion

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by pennyduke, Feb 21, 2010.

1. pennyduke

pennyduke Member

Does anyone have a picture of how to install the little Spring Torsion behind the arm for the three way valve for a Old Conventional Cable Unit. the rebuild manual does not show me how it sits in there. Thanks, Mike

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

If nobody comes forward tonight or tomorrow to help you, I'll post some pictures tomorrow night. There on my home computer unfortunately, and I'm house sitting until then.

3. pennyduke

pennyduke Member

RepoMan, are you going to post some pictures for me? Thanks, Mike

4. RepoMan207

from Maine

Sorry guy. I forgot all about this. Here ya go:

Spring.jpg

spring 1.jpg

spring 2.jpg

spring 3.jpg

spring 4.jpg

Spring.jpg

spring 1.jpg

spring 2.jpg

spring 3.jpg

spring 4.jpg

5. pennyduke

pennyduke Member

I still don't see how the spring torsion sets behind the valve lever. Do I even need it? It seems like it just spins behind the valve lever. Thanks, Mike

6. RepoMan207

from Maine

You do need the spring. That's what pushes the lever back to it's neutral position.

Once you remove the screw, lever and washer thing it will come right out. Follow the steps per the manual above and you'll understand it better as you go along. Unfortunately I can't find the pictures I took when I did my subs plow.

7. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

This should help

Plow part.jpg

8. pennyduke

pennyduke Member

That is what I was looking for. I see how it works now. This is a big help. Thank you all, Mike

9. pennyduke

pennyduke Member

Should the 4 Way Valve have one of these Spring Torsion things also? The parts list only shows 1 of them on the Three way. Thanks, Mike

10. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

No, its only on the valve used for angling.

11. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

The picture that Repo has posted look like the 4way

4waysetup.jpg

The three way control the lift/lower valve. The 4way control the plow angeling..

Here is the 3way

3waysetup.jpg

4waysetup.jpg

3waysetup.jpg

12. RepoMan207

from Maine

Twin......All the posts I made ARE for the 3 way.

13. pennyduke

pennyduke Member

That was my bad, I was talking about the 4 way valve the whole time. Rookie mistake. Thank you all. Mike

14. twinman326

Repo, must be my eye balls..24" of snow, up three days...Just the picture look like the body of the four way......... I must of been cross sided :dizzy:

15. RepoMan207

from Maine

Lucky *******! I wish I was crossed eyed from too much snow. I have crap for snow up here. I'm being deprived this season lol.

16. twinman326

Information from the weather center it sound like you were getting slam... Trust me you didn't want it...lots of snow, also very heavy.I was pull out three times by one of the guys......In the ditch twice, and took two hours to dig myself out........Stuck in a customer yard because he show me were to plow and it was he grass........Took the tow truck an hour to get there, and the customer never paid me....... And still doing clean up..........