1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3" trigger, Sanding on call

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sectlandscaping, Oct 21, 2013.

1. sectlandscaping

sectlandscaping Senior Member

Just got a bid sheet from a furniture rental business. The specs are 3" trigger and deicing at management request.

I could live with the 3" but the sanding? This is like holding me back from doing my job while increasing accident risk. Is there any way to transfer liability to the business? I dont see why I should bare the brunt of responsibility if it isnt my call. I heard of people putting waivers in contracts but I dont know if that works in court.

Just curious to how you guys have handled this in the past.
  2. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

make them sign a detailed job description in your contract & have a seperate line saying they dont want you to salt unless they tell you to, have that line in contract have its own signature/initial line. keep snow logs with times you attended.