1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3" storms are the best

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cat320, Jan 13, 2001.

1. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Most of the snow here in boston have been around 3" more or less.Have been very good for plowing comercial accounts and then sanding them reall money making storms.Wish they would be bigger so i could put my backhoe to work. How is every one else making out so far this season?

2. senor plow

senor plow Junior Member

Hey cat, what towns do you plow in. I am looking for some subcontracting work. Maybe I could work for u or somethin. E-mail me at jashem@aol.com

3. Iceman

Iceman Member

December was excellent here in central Mi. A lot of snowfalls thru-out the month with many of them 2-4". Most of our commercial accounts only require 1" to plow so any thing more just requires more effort. If the rest of the winter stays on course like Dec., the winter of 00-01 will be our most profitable one in a long time.:)

4. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I plow in woburn ,reading, stoneham and saugus I have two good size parking lots and the rest driveways plus i just sand and do snow removal for another store.Gonna try to get marjam supply next season but have my machine in there this year for snow removal.Just enough stuff to keep me busy.

5. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Hey cat, if your looking for some work for your backhoe e-mail me at davarch@gis.net. I may have some work for it if you don't need it. The work I have is mostly in the somerville, cambridge, chelsea, area. That offer goes out to anyone looking for work in this area (can't get enough subs most times). BTW, your right about these 3" storms, they are good money makers. I would just like about 8-10 a year!!

6. 9FT.PILES

9FT.PILES Banned

NOT BAD

WE DIDNT DO TOO BAD , STILL WAITING FOR ONE MORE SATISFIED CUSTOMER TO CUT ONE.STILL HAVE 2001 pick-ups w/ new blades runnin around with cosmeline still on them.i actually seen a KID plowing the local ABANDONED 711 lot i used to do.talk about entertainment.

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Seasonal contracts have been good so far,so no need for snow now.

8. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Holy wayback machine GV.

Even a post from 9FTPiles\01Hummer\MonsterIdiot in this one.

9. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

yeah, wow. Is this what it's come to?

10. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

Haha way too much time on your hands if you are digging up stuff that old

11. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

And is there any difference form then and now?

12. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

Yes there is a difference, most of the people that started this thread have retired/passed away from old age?! LOL

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  13. BOSS LAWN

BOSS LAWN Senior Member

XSnow in Minnesota has been slow, but the 2" falls are picking up now that we are headed for end season.