1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3 salters

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by alex94, Dec 29, 2010.

1. alex94

alex94 Junior Member

I saw this truck on truckpaper. I am curious as to why they have those extra salters on the back? Shouldn't the 7500 be plenty of coverage? What is the point of the 1575 bulks? I feel like all they would do is over apply. what is your opinion? Thanks in advance!

salt spreaders.jpg
  2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

I was thinking about mounting a 575 next to my Vbox for spreading Calcium.
  3. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Could be a Demo unit.......:drinkup:
  4. Matson Snow

Hey Crete...

How Mulch do you think that set-up costs.......:drinkup:
  5. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I would guess he is spreading different type of ice melt, so he keeps salt in the V-Box, and calcium and treated salt in the other two. Just a guess but thats the only thing that makes sense to me.
  6. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Too mulch for me. :laughing:
  7. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

I would guess that they are trying to sell them, they are not even plugged in and they are all new.
  8. Matson Snow

One more question Crete.....

That Truck on the left side of the picture...The Green one with the "V" Box...

Do you need a CDL to Drive that.....:waving:.....:laughing:
  9. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Looks like they would interfere with the V box as well.
  10. Hafta agree that it looks like a demo unit or an advertisement pic for someone trying to sell them
  11. dforbes

dforbes Senior Member

Where did you get a picture of my truck? I drive in a lot of parades. I fill them with candy and use them to deliver the candy to the little kids.:laughing::laughing: