1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3" Rough Country keys

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by DJ Contracting, Nov 24, 2010.

1. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

The keys and shock boots all new never installed for $75.00 is this a good deal?

Do these actually give you a three in lift in the front?

2. ed39

ed39 Senior Member

keys and shocks for 75...ya thats a good deal you can get the entire leveling kit on RC for 200 4 shocks keys blocks all hardware...... as far as 3inches yea sure you can get 3 inches but it really moves your suspension and puts strain on it.... i wouldnt recommend going the full three..crank the stock keys and youll get 2-2.5 i got 2.5 out of my 07 1500

3. DJ Contracting

Yeah I tried turning up the bars but it sat leaning to the left so I turned them back down so the truck sits level side to side. I thought that by installing the 3" keys I would have a bit more adjustment, I'm not looking to crank them up, just want my truck to sit level front to rear and side to side.

4. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

You have to level each side with the torsion bolts. Turning them equally will not always mean that its equal side to side. You can go as high as you want just make sure you have AT LEAST 3/4" between your lower control arm frame stop and the actual frame. Any more and it will ride horrible and bottom out on that stop.

5. DJ Contracting

Yeah I know I have the passenger side about half way and the drivers side all the way turned up now it sits level side to side but I'm looking to raise the front a bit more.