1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3 Port Wiring and 4 Port Box, Confused!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by NickGB, Oct 13, 2012.

1. NickGB

NickGB Senior Member

Hi All, I just got a secondhand 7'6" Midweight for my 2008 Silverado 2500HD. It came off a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500, so i have all the wiring from that truck.

I also bought the 29400-5 wiring for my Chevy, thinking that the Dodge had a 3 port module on it. But when I got it home, I realized it actually had the 4 port module.

Now my question is: Can I use the wiring I have (29400-5) with the 4 port module, or do I need to get different wiring?

Thanks in advance for your help!
  2. fabcraftinc

fabcraftinc Member

Let's first verify wheather you are or are not fleet flex wired. How many connections do you have at the grill, 2 or 3?
  3. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

you would need the harnesses for the 4port module instead of the kit you bought for the 3 port, plus another little adapter or two, OR you could just get a 29070-1 3port module and a 29047 adapter to go with the 29400-5 you bought.
    money is prob not too different either way, providing you can return the 29400-5. getting the 3port module would be more up to date and probably simpler.
  4. atrinh15

atrinh15 Junior Member

If you have to sell that 24900-5 let me know how much.
  5. NickGB

NickGB Senior Member

Just an update on this...turns out the only thing I actually needed were the adapters for the headlights and relay adapter for the wiring at the isolation module. Part numbers were: 29420 & 28027-2.

I just reused the 28400 harness that came off the Dodge setup.

Sent the wiring back and got the right stuff, I ended up getting about $80 back after all was said and done.