1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3 port Isolation mount? where to mount?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by puredreamz, Oct 1, 2011.

1. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

just wondering if its meant to be mounted into the engine compartment or in the interior cab

2. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Engine compartment,you'd have a tough time fishing all those wires thru the firewall,what kind of truck?

3. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

2010 ford f150

4. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

is their a place where it should be mounted, i guess away from water and no too close to the engine

5. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

need more info

6. Arc Burn

I've put them on fender wells,on top of/along side of fuse blocks(under hood) I've seen them tied to radiator shrouds though i don't do it,anywere you can fasten it were it won't flop around,you can mount it in any direction as well(upside down) doesn't matter.

7. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

k thanks so it be mounted closer to the front of the vehicle, just for length of wire for headlamps ?"

8. Arc Burn

Headlight harnesses will usually reach from anywere under the hood,the battery cable can be a stretch on some vehicles

9. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

As long as you put it on the driver's side of the engine compartment you shouldn't have a problem with any of the wire length's.

10. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

question....

how can i tell which brand name of the module i have ??? just for wiring diagrams or it doesnt matter their all wired the same ?