1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3 port ISO MVP controller Problem

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Iowalawn, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Iowalawn

Iowalawn Member
    from Iowa

i have a year old western MVP 3 port Iso, I switched from a dodge to Chevy, got the new harness and now i have no Power at the controller, Ground is good at controller port but no POWER. Controler if bench tested is good. Both 4 prong wires in the harrness have been checked (good Ground and Power) and Switch And Switch back nothing, Power and ground wires on battery are clean and Tight, What Could be the Problem?? Red Led Wire is good i even ran a jumper from the battery and Nothing, Plow On the truck and off the truck Nothing. Like i siad year old MVP 3 port ISO, on a 2008 GMC serria Duramax. ANY HELP??? Thanks

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Check the fuses in the control harness yet? Sure you have a good power supply on the 12V keyed ignition source wire? Should check it right at the Iso.

3. Iowalawn

Iowalawn Member
    from Iowa

Check Both of the 2 fuses in the holder, When hooked up to Keyed 12V I am getting power to the fuse with the key on Only, Nothing when the key is off... Check and Checked 12V Supply even tryed a lead right from battery and nothing.. So I dont know where to go from here. Everything is new year old never been cut up or missed with

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Both inline fuses should have battery voltage at all times so something is going on there. Time to get the test light out and double check your work.

If it's a two plug system it sounds like you don't have battery voltage at the red wire on the battery cable harness, or if it's a three plug system you don't have the red/green wire connected to the battery or battery side of the solenoid.

5. Iowalawn

Iowalawn Member
    from Iowa

Went out last night When though all wiring, Nothing. when i was sitting there i hit the iso box and then the controller worked. hooked plow up everything works fine. So i dont know what the problem was or if it is in the ISO Mod... Is there a way that my dealer can bench test the ISO? or thing it was just a one time problem?

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Your dealer should have an Iso tester but the Iso themselves seldom have an issue , it's usually a connection issue at the plugs and pins rather than an internal issue.

Yes until you need to the most. Don't pass it off as a fluke, track it down NOW.