1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3 point snowblower

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by STIHL GUY, Jan 27, 2016.

1. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

I'm looking to add a 3 pt hitch snowblower to my tractor for some of my driveways that need to be snowblowed. I have found a few but was wondering what brands are good and what to stay away from. My dealer sells frontier attachments but I have also found that I could buy a woodmaxx or landpride online and have it delivered. Has anyone had any experience with these brands and are there any brands to stay away from? Thanks

2. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

If you're looking for a commercial quality snow blower look into Normand. Very robust units with a great reputation. 5th generation family owned company out of Quebec. Their website needs updating, but you can find them at www.cienormand.com. If you call them they will put you in touch with a dealer in your area.

3. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

4. Do you want a rear facing or an inverted

5. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

I'm looking for a rear facing. My dealer has a 74" for $3500

6. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

I found a 72" Lorenz on craigslist in the off season and it worked really well in the big snow we just had. I would do a 2 car wide, 2 car deep drive way with 24" of snow in about 6 minutes

12540623_10208389453364906_5560312521172663516_n.jpg

7. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

What size tractor is that mounted on??

8. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

John deere 4520 55 hp

9. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Frontier and Landpride are OEM products, meaning they are manufactured by the same factory. They are just about identical, just different colours. The three brands you mentioned are made more for single person ownership. They are not intended for commercial applications. That does not mean they will not work for your application, just that they will not last. If you do not want to spend the $ on a Normand commercial blower, the Normand Econor is still a decent runner up. That's my 2 cents for the day.Thumbs Up

10. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Just so you know frontier does make a commercial snowblower. Last I checked Woods was making their blowers.

11. Neige

Neige Sponsor

thank you for setting the record straight.

12. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Your welcome.Thumbs Up

13. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

would a 74" be too big for a JD3320? or is a 64" a better option?

14. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

Personally I think 74" I'd gonna be to big. Especially if it's wet snow