1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

3 point mount 97 doge ram 3500

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by SNO-MAN_DAVE, Jul 9, 2009.

1. SNO-MAN_DAVE

SNO-MAN_DAVE Junior Member

i was quoted today well over a grand forthe new style mount and adapter so i can still use my 3 point blade. Does that sound right to you guys. i feel as if id be better just selling this blade if i cant find the mount. anyone have the specs on the 3 point mount maybe id be better off having one built or moding one from another truck. please give me all the info you guys can

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Price wise it sounds resonable. Changing it over would allow you to easily move it to newer model trucks.

I would consider trading the 3 point plow in on a new unit, once you add the trade in/resale value plus the 1,200 to 1,500 in parts to get your truck set up your well on your way to a new unit. Maybe sell your unit and buy a used 29 series? We could easy find the parts to mount your old plow on say a 88-98 Chevy tahoe, suburban or pick up.

3. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

I'm still doing a search for the mount you need. I'll let you know one way or the other if I am able to locate one.

4. SNO-MAN_DAVE

just to let you guys know i am greatful for all the help and advice so far. i found a deal in ft wayne that has one part of the mount and he is tryin to locate the other.

5. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

Dave, I've sent the dealer in Fort Wayne a list of possible sources for the sub-frame that you need. We'll keep working until we have exhausted all possiblities.

6. SNO-MAN_DAVE

thanks again for all the help